SBOL 2.1.0 Released
SBOL version 2.1 has now been officially released. This is a backwards-compatible release extending the data model and updating ontology terms and best practices. In addition to minor textual updates and corrections, the key changes are:
- “role” is added to Component and SequenceAnnotation, “roleIntegration” allows a Component role to override a ComponentDefinition role in context. SequenceAnnotation roles are used for marking features that should not have their own ComponentDefinition (e.g., restriction sites, imported GenBank features)
- SBO terms added to fill out recommended Interaction and Participation tables
- Best practices for representing topology (e.g., circular vs. linear DNA) using SequenceOntology types
- Best practices for tracking provenance
- Best practices for dealing with RDF compliance issues on identifiers.org by alternative use of equivalent compliant purl.org URIs
- Differences from v2.0 are marked by colored text and change-bars.
The official release is also available on GitHub and the SBOL website, and is available from the BioBricks Foundation as BBF RFC 112.